Necessary for any repair, replacement or new construction. All applications must be filled out and submitted to the Building Inspection Office for review.
A permit is required to demolish any structure.
- Every contractor, even sub-contractors, must be licensed to do work in the City of Lockport. This includes:
- Proof of Insurance: $300,000 liability minimum, Workman’s Comp. – C105.2 form or State Insurance Fund, DB120 or a waiver from Workman’s Compensation Board
- $150.00 fee
- Licenses are valid from January 1 – December 31 and are not prorated.
Planning Board Meetings are held the first (1st) Monday of each month at 5:00pm. Request must be submitted 10 days prior to the meeting (exceptions for holidays). Download Planning Board Schedule (pdf)
Zoning Board of Appeals Meetings are held the fourth (4th) Tuesday of each month at 6:00pm. Five (5) appeals are heard each month. Requests must be submitted to the Building Inspection Department 15 days prior to the meeting date. Download Zoning Board of Appeals Schedule (pdf)
Niagara County Planning: You are required to submit your request to the Niagara County Planning Board to be reviewed if the property in question is located within 500′ of the boundary of a:
- City, Town or Village
- State or County Land with a Public Building
- Existing or proposed Park or Recreation Area
- Existing or proposed State or County Parkway, Road or Highway, or County-owned drainage channel
- Farm operation located in an agricultural district (except for area variances).
- There is a $75 fee to be paid at the time of submittal.
Master Plumber Test is given once a year. Date is determined in January. Applications must be submitted and given approval from the Plumbing Board. $100.00 fee.